A Photographers & Visitors Guide & Timeless Stories

Bench Presses

Books about Town

By popular demand.

The  National Literary Trust together with Wild in Art, created the Books About Town project.  As result 50 ornate benches were placed around London in early July 2014.   Each bench is dedicated to a particular book. The benches will be removed from 15 September 2014 in preparation for auction in October.   The auction will raise money for the trust.  What a great idea. Just below are a few I managed to photograph in Greenwich and here are all the Books About Town ⇒  and here is  More About Greenwich ⇐.

On the Origin of Species – Charles Darwin

The Railway Children – E. Nesbit

The Canterbury Tales – Geoffrey Chaucer

Frozen in Time – Captain Scott

We’re Going on a Bear Hunt – Michael Rosen

9 responses

1. I wish all benches were like these one! So lovely to see.

September 11, 2014 at 17:15

2. How wonderful!

September 11, 2014 at 19:58

3. Thank you so much for sharing! These are incredible, and such a cool idea. As a former biology teacher, I have a particular soft spot for the first one. And as a pseudo-aunt to a five-year-old boy, I love the last one too. That’s a fun book. Nice work!
    (I elected to allow Firefox to update the other day, and when it did, it dropped my adblocker and RSS feed-reader – the only place I have all the blogs I follow stored. Back in business now:) )

September 16, 2014 at 04:31

• I’m glad you enjoyed. They are quite remarkable.

Referring back to the being lost comment. It won’t help you when get lost, but recite a few times and you just won’t care anymore. Enjoy the day. Graham. 🙂

September 16, 2014 at 16:13

4. Outstanding.

September 16, 2014 at 18:48

5. These are stunning!

September 21, 2014 at 19:54

• A great effort by the organisers and a pleasant surprise. I didn’t know they were there until I stumbled upon one

September 21, 2014 at 19:59

6. They are beautiful. What a great idea!

September 21, 2014 at 22:32

♪ Your Comments are Welcome Feedback ♪

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s