The Beaney House of Art and Knowledge in Canterbury
The Royal Museum and Free Library was founded in 1858 and moved to the Beaney Institute in 1891 following a bequest by George Beaney to build an ‘Institute for Working Men’. The building is on the High Street and is bigger than it looks, housing an information centre, modern library, cafe and several exhibition rooms. Entry is free and it is child friendly with tables for games and drawing. The Beaney is an award winning facility with exhibitions, educational facilities and events. Website ⇒.
Just a few of the exhibits :- .
Kent was a summertime haunt for travelers and people from the East End of London to engage in hop picking.
And, part of a temporary exhibition by Grayson Perry called “The Vanity of Small Differences”.